We know first-hand that considering becoming a foster parent can feel daunting or even overwhelming. It's a commitment that isn't right for everyone, but those who take the step find unexpected joy in raising a child or teen, and making a positive difference that stands the test of time.
If you're interested in supporting foster care, but not sure if becoming a foster parent is right for you, we're happy to let you know there are lots of ways you can learn more, and support our mission. Here are a few ways you can get involved:
- Attend our Foster Care Aware Block Party on May 27th starting at 1 p.m. outside at the Harrison Opera House in Norfolk. You can learn more about the event and activities, here.
- You can follow us on Facebook, where we provide information about Norfolk Friends of Foster Care and the Norfolk Department of Human Services, as well as links to informative articles, tips for foster parents and more. Click here to visit our Facebook page.
- Subscribe to our newsletter! It's simple, and an easy way to stay informed - we'll send you an update via email every month, and you can always unsubscribe. We're confident you'll find value in the emails, and invite you to share them with others who may be interested in foster care. You can subscribe at the bottom of this page.
- We're also getting social on Instagram and Twitter, so follow us there, if you hang out there!
- Of course we're always happy to have people get involved, too - learn more here.
We welcome any interested in or supportive of foster care, and look forward to expanding knowledge and opportunities for children in our community.